News From The Islands
Here are a few ideas of the fun you can have on San Juan Island during the slow season.
Top Ten ways to go with the slow on San Juan Island this winter
- Re_combobulate: Our favorite thing to do is (drumroll) nothing! Our Inn offers the perfect environment to take advantage of the highly underrated activity of relaxing.
- Enjoy the View: Whether you are in our harbor view lounge or one of our penthouses, the view is worth sitting back and enjoying.
- Shop 'til you Drop: Fewer crowds, quaint stores selling locally made goodies and slow season deals make shopping in Friday Harbor a must.
- Eat to your heart's content: The San Juan Islands have been called a foodie's new paradise. Local favorites combined with Pacific Rim fusion make dining in Friday Harbor one of our favorite things to do any time of year.
- Learn something: San Juan Island is home to the only museum anywhere completely dedicated to whales. The Whale Museum is open 7 days a week all year long and has many great exhibits for both children and adults to learn about the amazing creatures that call the waters around us home.
- Stay for a Play: Our island home is full of talent and either Island Stage Left or our local theatre always has an amazing show or music performance going on so stop by and check it out.
- Chase a storm: If you're a true North Westerner and no amount of rain is going to keep you indoors, we suggest driving out to American Camp on the southern tip of San Juan Island to see if you can catch a glimpse of a storm (or some sunshine) rolling in.
- Take a Hike: If you're an any time of the year outdoorsy person, San Juan Island offers amazing hiking trails with beautiful views of Puget Sound and the surrounding islands.
- Take a drive: If you would like to enjoy the views around the island as seen from the comfort of your own car, we are happy to set you up with a map pointing out scenic drives all over the island.
- Embrace your Inner Chef: The fully equipped gourmet kitchens in our luxury penthouses may just make cooking an incredible meal for your special someone your favorite part of your vacation.
Come and experience some of the fun things that San Juan Island has to offer while staying in complete comfort at our premier Inn right in the heart of Friday Harbor. Let's make 2012 more memorable than 2011 and rewrite your favorite winter activities with us!